Tuesday, September 25, 2012

And then I realized... PCOS Awareness month!

One day after doing more leaves on my nails, I realized that this was the last week of September. That means the last week of official PCOS awareness! People should always be aware.... But September is like, the official month.. So yeah. I took off my fall leaves and replaced them with PCOS awareness ribbons.

PCOS: Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome

I do have PCOS, which isn't all that bad as it sounds, but that doesn't mean it's all that good either. It's where the eggs don't fertilize properly and my estrogen levels aren't correct, so the egg attaches itself to the ovaries and is considered a cyst. The gynocologist said I have about 12 or less on each ovary. Basically, I have heavier, crampier periods. I have less chance of becoming pregnant, which is nice now since I'm 19 but will be quite depressing when I'm ready to have kids. I grow darker, coarser hair in unwanted areas, such as my belly. The hair grows as if it were a guy's stomach, but it's still peachy and short (not like a manly carpet, but it is noticeable). The hair grows in the opposite direction it should be (female version of a snail trail), and I do have a few hairs that are as dark as the hair on my head. I believe I grow more hairs in my pubic region as well. That's all my symptoms, as far as I'm aware. And birth control is supposed to level my hormones out. When I want to have kids, I stop the birth control (obviously) and take fertility pills.

For now.. I shave my belly and tweeze the dark hairs out. And one day, laser hair removal is going to happen. c:



For this mani I used:
  • China Glaze's Strong Adhesion Base Coat
  • Sally Hansen's Smooth and Perfect 'Air'
  • Finger Paints' 'Laugh My Art Off'
  • Finger Paints' 'Easel-y Entertained'
  • ORLY's 'Spazmatic'
  • Stripe Rites: (Cerulean looking) Blue, and Dark (Navy-ish) blue
  • Seche` Vite

1 comment: