Friday, October 26, 2012

Gradient Graveyard.

So, when I posted these on Reddit, I didn't expect them to be so admired. It completely blew my mind. Honestly, I think they're too simple. Like.. Nothing special to look at. Cause I like to do crazy stuff that's eye-catching. Not that this isn't eye-catching, but it's not as exciting as other things I've done.


And I know there were a few requests for a tutorial.. The best I can give now is like, my process.
1. Base coat of polish
2. Sponge 2nd color
3. Sponge base color over 2nd color (this is for better blending)
4. Sponge 3rd color
5. Sponge 2nd color over 3rd color (this is for better blending)
6. Sponge 4th color
7. Sponge 3rd color over 4th color (this is for better blending)
8. Cover with glitter polish -let dry a little-
9. Draw moon (I use stripe rites)
10. Draw grass
11. Draw cat
12. Draw grave
13. White details (RIP, cat whiskers)
14. Give cat flakies for eyes
15. Draw black around the flakies so they aren't so obnoxious and chunky like they're supposed to be
16. Seche` Vite top coat

And that's it. (<---Understatement) Each hand takes about two hours. c:

For the cat, I used flakie bits for the eyes because cat eyes change colors in the dark however your light/angle is. It's way cool in person. :3


For this mani I used:
  • China Glaze Strong Adhesion Base Coat
  • China Glaze 'Sweet Hook'
  • e.l.f. 'Lilac'
  • Butter London 'Scoundrel'
  • Butter London 'Marrow'
  • China Glaze 'Fairy Dust'
  • Stripe Rites: Black, Yellow, and White
  • China Glaze 'Luxe and Lush' (For the cat's eyes)
  • Seche` Vite 

No comments:

Post a Comment